Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bali 5.0: Last day of our Bali Getaway


It has come to the end of my Bali post. Last day in Bali, and the night before, we decided to catch the sunrise from Canggu Beach in the morning. Having only 3 hours of sleep, we managed to wake up at dawn to make our way to the beach.

We were quite silly as we thought that we would be able to catch the sunrise from the beach. We rode around the village to source for the best spot for sunrise but it came to our senses that the sun rises from the other side. So we get the sunset, but not the sunrise. Although not being able to catch the sunrise, it was all okay because the morning air was chilly and fresh... Quite cold actually. Haha. We ended up at Canggu Beach to just walk around as the sky brightens.





We didn't spend too much time there as there weren't much to see or do. So we just took some pictures for memories sake.



After our sunrise mission, we rode back to the villa to continue our sleep. Haha. I would love to stop by a local eatery to pack food for breakfast but it was still early and there weren't any shops that were opened yet. Since it was our last day, we didn't had any extensive plans for the day. The villa provided airport transfer and also a free shuttle service to Seminyak Square. Since we had to check out by 12pm but our flight wasn't until 7pm, we decided to drop by Seminyak Square. It was very convenient for us as they as the villa allowed us to park our luggages in the van while we tour around Seminyak.

Goodbye Canggu!

There wasn't anything much in Seminyak Square. Most were food and beverage while there was a row of stalls outside which were selling beach wear. We didn't stopped by there to look see because it seemed normal. Plus, we didn't need any more beach wear as we were heading home already. The items might be expensive as it is a tourist spot.



It was a really hot day. We couldn't bear walking the streets of Seminyak for long. After the driver dropped us off at Seminyak Square, we were quick on our foot on deciding our next spot for lunch which we passed by when on the way to Seminyak Square.



Despite having air con in the bistro, it was still very humid and hot. We chose a table which was right next to this really big fan to help with the heat.



Of course I had to stop to take a look at their dessert counter!

As the name says "Grocer and Grind", as a matter of fact, they do have both!



Gummy candies!


They sell chocolates and (to my surprise) flower seeds too.



This is the really bright yellow colour I chose for my nails during my manicure session at Therapy.

Love this photo mainly cause of the background. :p
And of the awesome people too of course!

Spider (Coke with Ice Cream), Rp. 30,000

Iced Lemon Tea, Rp. 28,000

Lemongrass and Ginger Iced Tea, Rp. 28,000

I personally loved this tea. Maybe my judgement is biased because I generally love lemongrass and ginger. Now I get the best of both in one drink, I loved it even more! It was refreshing, the ginger taste was apparent but it didn't overpowered the lemongrass.  I also liked how they gave us a sugar water on the side for costumers to add into their drink according to their liking.

Pad Thai (Chicken), Rp. 65,000

Pad Thai (Prawn), Rp. 75,000

Kuok Sing had the Pad Thai (Prawn) and it was good and portion was big too.

Red Curry Duck, roasted eggplant, snake bean, greens, kaffir lime, corriander, shoots, rice & raita,  Rp. 90,000

As far as I remembered, when this dish arrived, it was very fragrant. The curry tasted okay but the portion was small. So small that Jackie had to order a second dish for himself! Haha.

Chicken and Tarragon pie, Rp. 45,000


The pie was nothing to shout about but they were generous with their chicken. The flavours were there and it was baked to perfection. If you are a big eater then forgo this and go with their main dishes. The reason I had a small meal was because it was close to breakfast and I still felt full, and I wanted to save room for dessert! :p

I saw that they had Coconut Macaroon and I wanted to try so I ordered that and a slice of Hummingbird cake. I was confused when my Macaroon arrived because I was expecting a Macaron. You might be confused here but on that day I learnt the difference between Macaroons and Macarons. I have always known that there is two pronunciation to it but I didn't know that they were actually two different things until I went to Google it.

Image taken from pbmom.wordpress.com

It doesn't look like the best looking treat around indeed from the image but the one from Grocer and Grind turned out beautiful really.

Coconut Macaroon, Rp. 7,000

It taste like meringue but the texture is much more dense and I could taste the coconut shreds. I've never seen nor tried one in Malaysia before so I was quite happy that I finally got to taste a Macaroon and know the difference between this and a Macaron.


I believe that this is the Mars Bar Cake, Rp. 35,000

Jackie had this chocolate Mars Bar cake. He said it didn't tasted any or much of the Mars Bar but it was indeed rich in chocolate.

Hummingbird Cake, Rp. 35,000

This cake was a disappointment as my fork pierced into the cake, it didn't felt fresh. The cake was firm but it didn't had any softness to it. I particularly didn't fancy the cream as it was too solid and creamy. After lunch, we still had ample of time, so we walked the streets of Seminyak. We didn't walk too far down the road as it was really hot, but There are alot of shops along the way and around the corner.

Interesting design of with wooden planks as the restaurant's walls.



Group selfie!

After a good 4 hours in Seminyak, our driver took us to the airport where we waited for our flight back to Malaysia. All in all it was a great trip with great company! Good food, a very beautiful accommodation worth of the price you pay for. Ooooohh yes! Just remember that you will need to pay Rp. 150,000 for the visa before you depart! As I remember, I didn't had enough of rupiah with me so I had to pay in MYR! Haha. Thank You Bali for the wonderful stay!

Peace Out! Yeah each of us had 2 in-flight meals. Except me, I had 4... LOL JK

For a summary of the highlights of our trip, here's the video taken and edited by Kuok Sing! :)



2 comments:

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...