Monday, September 15, 2014

First experience at rock climbing @ Bolder Ventures Climbing Gym

So a few months back, the boyfriend and I decided that we should do something different for outr monthniversary rather than the usual dinner + movie kinda dates. We wanted to go for rock climbing since our uni days as there is a rock climbing wall there but we never did set our mind to do it. So we figured, okay let's (finally) go for rock climbing this time.

I remembered that my friend's family owns a Rock Climbing Gym and so we went!


Bolder Ventures is located at USJ 1/2, the area just behind Summit hotel. The direction was really straight forward and easy to find. It is not as big as Camp 5 of course. It is a small rock climbing centre equip with the necessary items for people to climb which was good enough for us. Well the main purpose of us being there is to climb right.

An area where guests can take a breather, chill while watching TV.


The entrance fee for everyday rates are RM30/Adult and RM25/Student including rental of gears for the whole day. Very worth it! If you have the whole day, just go ahead and climb all you want. They have membership rates as well.

Yeah I noticed the notice and I wanted my act of noticing for everyone to notice it too. Confused?



Looks really intimidating at first sight for a newbie but really pumped up to try it out. So off we went to gear up!



Warm up first, to get a hang of climbing and to loosen those joints as well before we pick our routes.



My Turn!





This was one of the trickiest one for that day, as the gap between one to the next was quite far and being short limbs doesn't help either. Hehe. But I made it to the top, I was so proud of myself! *Pats own head*



We proceeded to bouldering after we had enough of climbing. Our friend showed us how it was done, and he made it look so effortless. Of course it isn't easy as it looks. We could climb but it was hard hanging onto from the top. 


Then it was our turn to have a go. Don't be intimidated by the stick that he's holding. It was used to point out which holds we should go for next. Don't worry, no climbers were harm in the process of bouldering. ;)



I got stuck! Because I went up too high.. LOL


My friend told me relax, don't pull myself. So the picture above is no-no.


He said, straighten your arms and climb higher, use your legs!! But still learning how to function my legs here. Haha.. I got to the top but I wasn't high enough and didn't had the strength to hang on, so I plopped onto the mattress.



We enjoyed our first climb at Bolder Ventures! I love this place as it is quiet and there's enough of space for us to climb and do stupid stuff. Hehe. I went back again a few weeks ago together with a bunch of my friends (Pictures taken from my friend). Hope that they enjoyed themselves as much as I did. :)

For some of them who were first timers, they did a good job and managed to reach the top! So proud of Ivy that she manage to reach the top despite her fear of heights.

One for the album!

Or two... ;)


Here's a video of me rock climbing while all of us sounds like chipmunks on crack because I sped up the video.




For more adventures, head on to Bolder Ventures to find out more!


8 comments:

  1. hahahaha thanks for mentioning me! XD

    What a special way to celebrate your monthniversary haha.... Cute video with funny sound :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe.. you should get a medal for it! XD

      We all sounded like chipmunks. High on something haha

      Delete
  2. Just curious, does this place have showering facilities for after the session? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance?Are you looking for Finance to enlarge your business?We help individuals and companies to obtain Finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get Finance at affordable interest rate of 2%, Do you need for Finance business to clear
    your bills? Then send us an email now for more information I'll advise you can contact us via email at
    whatspp +16146620720
    abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been searching for a legit and a genuine Loan lender? Are you in need of a Loan to pay off your Bills and start up your own business? Here is a place

    were you can get Fast and Easy Loan with 2% interest rate without any delay, apply today and contact us via email below for more details and get funded asap

    on any amount you need as Loan. Email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    Calling +918929490461
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly recommend a particular trader to everyone looking for forex, crypto and stocks trader. He can earn $9000 with $700 weekly, For more details, Contact Email: danielbohm232@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +1 (631) 973-9487

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick loan without documents Income from the comfort of home. We offer personal, business, investment, agricultural, project and real estate financing available. For more details contact now via email: contact@madanilendinghome.com
    Mobile/ Whatsapp: +13016151350

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...