Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock

This is an overdue post from November after I just completed my final exam paper which concludes my two years of Degree! :D Just got my results and I am happy to announce that I am a Monash graduate now! That aside, after my first paper in November, the boyfriend and I decided to spend some time together over the weekend in conjunction with our monthniversary. We wanted to go for burger but The Grind Burger bar doesn't open until  12pm. So we decided on Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock (AMAH) to try their Nasi Lemak! My friend claimed that their nasi lemak was very good and even better than Village Park.

Oh those post exam eye bags =.=

The location of AMAH is really easy to find and in Oasis Ara Damansara there are plenty of parking available! So no worries of double park or waiting for parking. AMAH is located on the same row at Mr. & Ms., a corner lot shop beside Ayam Penyet Ria. Surprisingly they don't have a a big company signboard so if you're driving and circling to find AMAH, you may miss it.


AMAH has a minimalist interior reflecting the feel of a kopitiam shop in the 70s but definitely more modern than then. There shop was moderately filled but it wasn't packed with people despite it being a Saturday, there were still many seats and tables available. Oasis Damansara is more packed on weekdays as there are offices there.










Their menu as seen in the picture above consists of a range of Malaysian food. No fancy-schmancy dishes of any sort, just plain ol' Malaysian food. Well, our purpose there was for the Nasi Lemak but I read reviews that their Mee Goreng Muthu is not bad. So being the greedy people that we were, we each had a plate of Nasi Lemak Ayam each and a plate of Mee Goreng Muthu to share.


The Mee Goreng Muthu was quite the kick. It is spicy so make sure you had something before you eat this. Somehow when I took the first bite, it is as if I am eating Rojak, because it does taste like rojak! Probably due to the taugeh, tofu and that other ingredient which you can find in a Rojak. I liked it because there wasn't the yellow noodles taste. I don't like that taste because it makes me "jelak" after that.


The Nasi Lemak Ayam! Our verdict? Yes it is very good! I wouldn't say that the chicken tastes exactly like Village Park's but it does have some similarities. The sambal though was abit of a let down as it wasn't as spicy as I expected it to be. It was more sweet with a little spiciness to it just as it enters your mouth. The presentation in AMAH is way better than of Village Park. Village Park one feels like they just throw everything on your plate and serve it to you, at least AMAH's one has better presentation. The rice was soft and and the peanuts and anchovies were alot! Enough for the whole meal, it lasted right until I finished the rice and the chicken. 


However greedy you may be, only go for one meal per trip. After eating the Nasi Lemak and then the Mee Goreng, it was too much and we were pretty stuffed. You wouldn't enjoy the dish as it is. In terms of the Nasi Lemak, some might still prefer Village Park but it is up to individual preferences. If I had to pick, I would pick AMAH over Village Park for the price, environment and quality of food. Now there's a place where I don't need to wait for long queues and crowd with people over the loud noises in small spaces to get a good Nasi Lemak fix! ;)

1 comment:

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...