Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Food Review: FUGU Neo Japanese Restaurant

The boyfie told me about a Japanese restaurant which opened in Damansara Jaya and the food there was good. He told me this one year ago. Since we have been dragging this for such a long time, we decided its time we scrap this out of our "Must Visit Food Outlets" list and move on to other food outlets and are still pending on the list! We arrived there about 7pm and surprisingly, there weren't any customers. We were the first ones there. 



This was taken when we were leaving after customers started to come in at about 7.30pm.



The interior inside was modern and by the looks of the furniture and cutleries, it doesn't look like it has been there for 1 and a half year but it looks like this place was opened for only a few months. It was quiet and the place was very clean and well taken care of. Upon being seated, the waitress greeted us and brought us the menu. They have a wide selection of food, some of which their names and mix of ingredients are quite inventive. They also have a set lunch menu which starts from 12 till 3pm. There were only two of us at our table so we decided that we will each order a set menu for ourselves. Our food were served about 15-20 minutes after we ordered.




They have monthly specials.

N17 Sanma Set - RM 25

 As you can see in the picture, each set menu comes with one Appetizer, Chawan Mushi, Rice, Miso Soup and fruits. The boyfie ordered the Sanma set. He usually orders Saba (which is grilled Mackerel) but he decided to try the Sanma (grilled Pike Mackerel). According to him The mackerel was very juicy and moist. It has the right amount of salt to it and it doesn't have the fishy smell.

Grilled Pike Mackerel

N 20 Shake Teriyaki Set - RM 28

The Chawan Mushi was really appetizing. The egg was smooth (IMO smoother than taufufa) and no clumps whatsoever. It didn't have that strong egg-y taste which I dislike. Inside the Chawan Mushi contains one crab-stick  a slice of Shitake Mushroom, a small slice of chicken fillet, and a ginkgo fruit. The Miso soup also suits my taste buds because usually I don't fancy Miso soup because I dislike the taste of some of the previous Miso soup that I have drank. Some that I tried before has the artificial and powdery texture but this Miso soup didn't have that at all. The rice to fish ratio was proportionate, I finished the Salmon just when I was left with the last tablespoon ball of rice.

Salmon Teriyaki

Well, you can't go wrong with Teriyaki sauce, the taste was rich and the sauce was sufficient for the whole salmon. However, the salmon was, in my opinion, a little too cooked for my liking but the boyfie said it was okay. Probably I am just weird like that.. haha.. I like my salmon meat when it is cooked just nice before it turns to a medium shade of orange. I prefer my salmon when it is at a light peach colour, still a little damp inside, cooked but not raw. The surface of the salmon, especially the edges were a little caramelized due to the Teriyaki sauce, the skin was crispy but some parts of it were burnt. I wasn't happy about that. :( 

The portion of the set menu is big and by the time I downed the Miso Soup (which is the last meal) on my platter, I was stuffed, I ate only two papayas and gave the two watermelon to the boyfie. Thank God we did not ordered side dishes. I was a bit disappointed with the Salmon but I would still return to try the other food on their menu. If you are a Japanese food foodie, I would recommend you to try this place. Apparently their Green Tea ice cream and their Charcoal Soba is not bad. The price range is starts from RM 4 - RM 70 

FUGU is located on the same row as Klinik Haiwan Healing Pets and at the corner lot of that row is a tyre workshop. Its fairly easy to find.

FUGU Neo Japanese Restaurant

Address:
6, Jalan SS22/25,
Damansara Jaya,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
Malaysia.

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sun: 12.00 - 3pm; 6 - 10pm

1 comment:

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...